1. Murder in the Magnolias: McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) presents Murder in the Magnolias, written by Tim Kelly, at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 3 p.m. Sunday in the Courtroom Theatre at the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC), 111 Tennessee St., McKinney. What happens when you parody characters and plots from almost every Southern play imaginable, and sprinkle them with the flavor of Gone with the Wind? You get the hilarious Murder in the Magnolias. For tickets, visit www.mckinneyperformingartscenter.org or call 214-544-4630. Discounts available for Seniors and Students. Tickets are also available at the door. General admission. For more information on McKinney Repertory Theatre and their upcoming season, visit www.mckinneyrep.org. Season tickets are available at a discount on the MPAC website and at the box office before performances.
2. Fall der All: Van Alstyne Fall der All includes music on two stages, crafts booths all around the downtown area, a kids zone including bounce houses and a kids train, car show, scarecrow parade, dance and tae kwondo demonstrations on a third stage, corn-hole challenge and other activities and more. This fall festival is free. Handicapped pickup is available by calling 903-814-8257 from parking lots. Lawn chairs are suggested and ice chests, without alcoholic beverages. The event will be held Saturday in downtown Van Alstyne, 228 E. Marshall St., Van Alstyne.
3. McKinney Wine and Music Festival: The McKinney Wine & Music Festival at Adriatica, 6625 Mediterranean Drive, McKinney, is kicking off its inaugural event from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. The festival will feature 12 of the best North Texas wineries, a variety of delicious restaurants, family friendly activities, a grape stomp, more than 40 boutiques, and a full lineup of talented local musicians. The culinary experience tent will feature demonstrations from local culinary experts and the students from the ProStart Program. This event is free and opened to the public. Wine tastings are $1 per taste and $5-$7 per glass. To participate as a vendor email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
4. Halloween at the Heard: Experience Collin County’s premier family-friendly Halloween event at Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary from 6-10 p.m. Saturday at 1 Nature Place, McKinney. Halloween at the Heard features a safe environment to experience the joy of trick-or-treating along the eerie Dinosaurs Live! The life-size animatronic dinosaurs will be on the trail. Families will enjoy an evening full of fun activities including a presentation of a family-friendly movie on the Heard’s outdoor amphitheater stage. Kids ages 12 and under will also have the opportunity to participate in a costume contest. Admission to this event is $15 for adults, $10 for children ages 3-12, and free for children ages 2 and under. See heardmuseum.org for more details. Proceeds from this event benefit Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary. For more information, visit heardmuseum.org/halloween.
5. 3rd Annual Star Wars Movie Night: The Force is strong in downtown Celina. Join the for their third annual Star Wars movie night on the square from 4 -7 p.m. Saturday. This event is celebrating the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi schedule to hit theatres this December. There will be free family friendly favorites such as build your own lightsaber, a Padawan fitness academy, Escape from Scariff obstacle course, and photo opportunities with a movie character. There will also be several chances to win prizes by participating in the costume contest, trivia contest, and cardboard spaceship contest. Hotdogs for kids 12 and under are free. The event will conclude with a showing of last year’s mega hit Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (PG-13) at dark. Bring your folding chairs and blankets for the lawn. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Funds raised at Star Wars Movie Night on the Square will go towards Celina Main Street projects. For more information contact the Celina Main Street office at 972-382-2682 ext.7002.
For more information on area events, visit heralddemocrat.eviesays.com