1. Guided Trail: 10 a.m. Feb. 17, Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, 1 Nature Place, McKinney, will have a guided trail walk at 10 a.m. Saturday. Experience the ecology, geology, flora and fauna of the Heard Sanctuary. The walk will be led by guides. Each group will spend 45-60 minutes hiking the unique landscape. See the schedule at www.heardmuseum.org/scouting for additional dates. Pre-registration is required for this program.
2. Artist Reception: “Come Together” artists reception will be held from 6-8 p.m. Saturday at Blue House Too, 934 Watters Creek Blvd., Allen. “Come Together” is an art exhibit in honor of Black History Month. The African-American artists behind this exhibit are Barbara J. Mason, Ernie Benton, JD Moore, Ken Wesley, Quincy Conwell, and Reyon Nurse. Learn more about this exhibit at: http://allenartsalliance.org/bh2/come-together/
3. 2nd TTG Chili Contest!: Get your famous recipes dusted off to show The Thirsty Growler your best chili. Their chili contest will be held from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at 5733 State Highway 121, Suite 230, The Colony. Please RSVP to make sure we have enough tables and outlets ready for your crock pots. Entries are $10. There will be cash prizes.
4. Van Alstyne Clinic Blood Drive: In lieu of recent news to the clinic, Van Alstyne Medical Clinic will be hosting a blood drive for a practitioner who was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. The drive will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday.
5. Robotics Fair: For ages 5 and up in the children’s library, there will be a robotics fair. The event will be held from 2-2:30 p.m. Monday at Allen Civic Auditorium. Play with the library’s new robotics equipment including LEGO WeDo, LittleBits STEAM Kits, Blue-Bots, and more during our come-and-go science and technology event.