1. ‘Neath the Wreath Holiday Gift Market: More than 12,000 shoppers join in holiday gift shopping during the Junior League of Collin County’s annual ‘Neath the Wreath Holiday Market at The Plano Event Center. Kicking off the 22nd year, this five-day holiday market features the best in unique holiday and home décor, ladies clothing and accessories, gifts, jewelry, children’s items and gourmet food from over 100 carefully selected merchants. The event will be held Thursday at Plano Center, 2000 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano.
2. Veterans Day Celebration: The Allen community is invited to attend a Veterans Day Celebration at 9 a.m. on Friday at Allen Senior Recreation Center to show support for America’s servicemen. Beginning with donuts, coffee and socializing, attendees will have the opportunity to meet and show appreciation to those who served in the armed forces. At 9:30 a.m., the celebration’s program will begin, which will include a presentation of the flags by the Allen High School Jr. ROTC Color Guard and a musical performance from the Marion Elementary 6th Grade Choir. The event is free to attend and open to all ages, regardless location of residence or membership status at Allen Senior Recreation Center. For more information, call 214-509-4820, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit AllenParks.org
3. Big Rig Gig: Come honor the veterans and experience what it is like to climb, touch, sit in, and see first-hand real tractors, bulldozers, garbage trucks, fire trucks, backhoes and even ambulances at Prosper High School. The event will be held from 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 301 Eagle Drive, Prosper. There will be food. The cost is $5 per person (2 years and younger are free) The sensory-friendly hour (horn-free) is from 9- 10 a.m.
4. March of Dimes Run for Babies: When you join the March of Dimes’ Run for Babies, you give hope to nearly half a million babies born too soon each year. This year’s event will be from 8 a.m. to noon Sunday at Grandscape Texas, 3300 Plano Parkway, The Colony. Funds raised will support research that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies and fund research to find answers to the problems that threaten babies.
5. Ani-Motion: A short digital film is created from a presented script using stop-motion animation, where a figure is moved slightly and a video frame is recorded. Putting all the movements & frames together makes simulated, animated motion. You’ve likely seen stop-motion animated shows such as the 1960’s “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer” and in recent years with the “Wallace and Gromit” TV show and in feature films such as “Coraline.” The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Frisco School of Music, 9255 Preston Road, Frisco.
6. Thank a Veteran on 11/11/2017 Freedom isn’t always Free!: From 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, patrons can come to Harley-Davidson of Dallas, 304 Central Expressway S., Allen thank the local veterans. Patrons can ask questions about time in the service, shake hands, and honor the nation’s heroes. The Boy Scouts of America will also be on site. Lunch will be served and great family fun.
For more information about area events or to have your event featured, visit heralddemocrat.eviesays.com