1. Murder in the Magnolias: McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) presents Murder in the Magnolias, written by Tim Kelly, October 13 – 15 and October 20 – 21 in the Courtroom Theatre at the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC). Performance times are 8 p.m. on October 13, 14, 20 and 21 with matinees at 3 p.m. Sunday and Oct. 21. For tickets, visit www.mckinneyperformingartscenter.org or call 214-544-4630. Discounts available for seniors and students. Tickets are also available at the door. Season tickets are available at a discount on the MPAC website and at the box office before performances.
2. Celina Park Fest 2017: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Oct. 14, Old Celina Park, 12670 Fm 428, Celina.. Tickets are on sale now for Celina Park Fest 2017, scheduled from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, October 14, 2017 at Old Celina Park, 12670 FM 428, in Celina. The family friendly festival will feature live music from chart-topping acts, more than 100 food and merchandise vendors, and a free Kids’ Zone filled with massive inflatable attractions and activities. This popular annual event will be presented rain or shine. General admission tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 4-17, military members and seniors (ages 3 and younger admitted free), and are available online at www.celinaparkfest.com. Parking is free.
3. 4th Annual Wine and Music Festival: Join Windsong Ranch Residents, 1001 Windsong Parkway S., Propser, for the Fourth Annual Windsong Wine & Music Festival sponsored by Longo Toyota of Prosper. About 12 North Texas wineries will be pouring a variety of delicious wines while talented local musicians entertain us throughout the day. Admission to the event is free. Signature event wine glasses will be given out at the door. Wine tasting tickets will be available for purchase at the wine tents. Tickets are $1 per taste and $5 - $7 per glass. Food trucks and local boutiques will be set up on the pristine grass lawn under white tents. Don’t miss the grape stomp competition and the DFW photo bus. Find more information at http://www.windsongwinefestival.com/
4. Live Music Series: Erik Carrizales: Singer-songwriters return to the plaza this fall as the live music series is back for another season. Join CityLine DFW, 1251 State St., Richardson, each Friday and Saturday in the plaza from 6-9 p.m. Listen from one of the restaurant patios on State Street or pick up dinner to-go and enjoy the live music from the plaza. Alcoholic drinks purchased at restaurants may not leave the restaurant patio. BYOB in the plaza during the live music events only.
5. JC AllStars presented by Operation Rock The Troops: Come out for JC Allstars presented by Operation Rock The Troops to be held at Lava Cantina The Colony, 5805 Grandscape Blvd.. Starting at 6 p.m. Oct. 18, there will be acoustic performances by Kendall Bowser, Charlie J. Memphis & Joshua Ingram. Then at 7:30 p.m. will be the documentary premiere of ‘ORT’ in support of veteran suicide, traumatic brain injuries, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Capped off by a performance by JC AllStars at 9 p.m. This is a free show to support the veterans and active duty soldiers.
For more information on area events, visit heralddemocrat.eviesays.com